Hey everyone,
So, I have survived another couple weeks here in Ghana. Just kidding, I am actually enjoying my time pretty well here. I finally really feel at home on a daily basis. There are still many things that are anoying (such as the power going out 6 times in the last 2 weeks. Even twice in 1 day), but I am trying to make the most of this free time. I have been reading a lot (just started the Shack. Review to follow) and I have actually had a bit of studying to do recently. That has really been the top highlight recentally, so I will tell you a little about the quizzes that I have had.
In my Cultural Studies class, I actually had a group presentation and a book review due this week. The presentation was on Monday, so our group met about 4 times this last week and weekend to prepare. The group leader (his name is Ishmael) wanted me to be the group leader because "your accent will confuse the students so they will not ask as many hard questions".... fair enough.... However, that plan didn't work and we kind of got torn to shreds on our presentation. I think I did a good job, but the group.....
I have also had 4 quizzes in my other classes too. There was one in my Cultural Studies class, but I didn't realize I needed to know where the different ethnic groups lived in Ghana, so I did not do the greatest on that one. At least I passed, which isn't too hard (they tell me that 50% is passing. Not a very high bar). My Slave Trade quiz I got a 90% on and I think I had the best score in the class (btw, an 80% and above is an A here). So, I am not to worried about that class. However, my quiz for Africa in World Relations did not go great. The prof said that everyone did so bad that we all had to retake it this last Wednesday. He said that multiple people got a 0% on it (I passed btw). I am still waiting for the retake grade though. That is the class I need to do well in because I am pretty sure I can count it for my major. I also had a History exam, but I am still waiting to get that back. I thought it went pretty well though.
That pretty much sums up my last few days. I have been studying and working on papers. At least I only have a month left to study (classes end Nov.18). I am traveling this weekend, so I should have a more interesting update for you next week. We are actually going to the surfing beach this weekend (Steve said the pictures of it looked awesome!). I would tell you that if I don't come back it is because of an epic surfing crash, but someone told me I am not allowed to hurt myself surfing. So, I will talk to again after I don't get hurt, but after I have an awesome time! I have to get going though becasue I am going to a play tonight. It is something about men who are trying to date their wives or something. They tell me it will be a comedy. I will make sure to let you know how African acting is. Until next time
Jordan
Praying for safe travel and lots of fun!
ReplyDelete